Welcome...

...to the Peace, Love & Cupcakes blog!
We will post messages as often as possible between school, dance and tennis. Hopefully, there will be a little something for everyone here...especially good food,
so stop by often!
Taylor & Jordie



Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Taylor's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Worlds Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients:
~ 1 cup all-purpose flour ~ 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder ~ 1/4 tsp. salt ~ 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature ~ 1/4 cup vegetable shortening ~ 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar ~ 1/2 cup granulated sugar ~ 1 egg ~ 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract ~ 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips ~1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together the ingredients until well blended. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat the mixture until smooth, scrape down the sides. Add the egg and vanilla and continue on medium speed until well blended. Add the flour mixture. Pour in the chocolate chips. Space the cookies about 1 1/2 in. apart. Bake the cookies until golden brown, 12 to 14 min. Let cool for about 10 min. You can store the cookies in an airtight container for up to one week. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
I got this recipe from my best friend when I moved. My sister and I love making these cookies together!! Jordie loves these cookies so much that every year she wants me to make them on her birthday!! I suggest that you double this recipe because it does make a small batch. My favorite thing about these cookies is how the semisweet and milk chocolate chips complement each other!! Our motto is "We make it, You eat it!!"

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Hi girls! I love your blog, you did a great job setting up and starting out. This recipe sounds great, and I can't wait to try it. I'm always going by the same old recipe on the back of the Nestle's Chocolate Chip bag. Now I'll try something new! Thanks.
XOXO
Ronda

kathyk said...

Congratulations to my two beautiful, sweet nieces! Love those cookies already, I think I can smell them!

Love ya, Aunt Kathy